Strawberry Trifle is a delicious sweet that can be served after dinner. This recipe is taken from an English cookbook which Shakespeare also mentioned in his novels.
Ingredients to Make Strawberry Trifle
- 3 teaspoons corn flour
- 8 teaspoons sugar
- 6 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons strawberry essence
- 2 teaspoons flower essence
- Red color (according to need)
- 10-12 pieces of Strawberry
- 10-12 slices of Pineapple
- ½ cup crushed fruit cake (without fruits)
- Jelly (any color that you like the most) for garnishing
- Place a pot of 4 cups of milk on stove.
- Mix sugar, corn flour, strawberry essence and red color in 1 cup of milk. Use batter to mix these ingredients.
- When the milk boils then light the fire on stove and then slowly mixes the prepared batter in milk and do spoon.
- Now put flower essence in it and cook it in light fire for 15 minutes.
- When it became thicken then take off the stove.
- First spread the crushed cake in a dish or a glass bowl then apply a layer of mixture.
- Put chopped slices of strawberry and pineapple on it.
- Then apply another layer of mixture.
- Put chopped slices of strawberry and pineapple on top again.
- Decorate with jelly and place in refrigerator. You can also use fresh cream to decorate.